For a good treatment it is necessary that I, as your treating therapist, create a file. This is also a legal obligation imposed by the WGBO. Your file contains notes about your state of health and information about the examinations and treatments carried out.
The file also includes information that is necessary for your treatment and that I, after your explicit permission, have requested from another healthcare provider, for example from the general practitioner.
We do our best to guarantee your privacy. This means, among other things, that we:
handling your personal and medical data with care,
ensure that unauthorized persons do not have access to your data
As your treating therapist, I alone have access to the data in your file.
I have a legal duty of confidentiality (professional secrecy).
The data from your file can also be used for the following purposes:
- To inform other healthcare providers, for example when the therapy has been completed or when a referral to another therapist is made. This only happens with your explicit permission.
- For use for observation, during my absence.
- or for anonymous use during peer review.
- A small part of the data from your file is used for the financial administration, so that I or my administrator can draw up an invoice.
If I want to use your data for any other reason, I will first inform you and explicitly ask for your permission.
As required by the treatment agreement law, this data in the client file is kept for 15 years.
PRIVACY ON THE CARE NOTE
The health care bill that you receive contains the information requested by the health insurer, so that you can declare this bill to your health insurer.
- Your name, address and place of residence
- your date of birth
- the date of the treatment
- a short description of the treatment, such as ‘treatment naturopathy’ or ‘psychosocial consultation’
- the costs of the consultation